When and Where
Dates: 3 to 4 January 2019
Location: Gibraltar University
Times: 1000 to 1600
The Cyber Security Winter Camp is builds on the knowledge obtained in the summer camp and the interim months working on the Cyber Security Challenge. Over the two days of the Cyber Security Winter Camp, we look at hardening and defending systems, in an effort to keep attackers out of systems and rebuilding systems to exceed industry standards.
We are extremely honoured to be hosting the course at the University of Gibraltar who have supported this initiative from the very first Cyber Security Summer Camp. Attendance to the camp is administratored by the Physics department at Bayside School.
During the two days we cover the following topics:
- Analysing Windows and how to harden Windows.
- Analysing Linux and how to harden Linux
All of the activities are performed within Hedgehogs custom designed labs and is 100% safe. The students are split into teams for the course and points are awared for successfully hardening systems.
The requirements for the course are:
- Must be a student within Gibraltar
- Must have a laptop capable of running a virtual machine (any modern laptop with 4gb of ram and 40 gb of free disk space).
- Must have completed the Cyber Summer Camp or be able to demonstrate a good level of understanding of attack methods.
- A desire to learn more about Cyber Security.
If you have any questions at all, please contact either Stewart Harrison at Bayside School or Peter Bassill at Hedgehog. Either of them should be able to answer any questions you have.